WRF Administrative Coordinator
Distinguishing Features of the Class
Performs a wide variety of advanced administrative support for the Wastewater Treatment Facility (WRF) and its Team Leaders; provides direction and support on the systems and processes unique to the WRF; performs directly related work as required.
Acceptable Experience and Training
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with an Associate's Degree in Accounting, Business or related field; and
- Considerable directly related experience with wastewater administration and application software; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.
Required Special Qualifications
- Candidates for positions in this class must pass a post employment offer physical examination and drug screen;
Examples of Essential Work (Illustrative Only)
- Coordinates WRF work orders for corrective and preventative maintenance;
- Maintains complex inventory control records for the Work Management System;
- Operates a variety of computer applications, including MS Office programs, GpMate, CMMS, Crystal Report Writer, and Citywide HEAT Recording Program.
- Collects data and submits reports for monthly interdepartmental billing.
- Develops reports in planning and scheduling corrective and preventive maintenance tasks related to the WRF Plant and Pump Station equipment
- Coordinates the work of and provides technical assistance to professional staff in the monitoring and managing of departmental resources and other administrative issues;
- Analyzes departmental budget requests and makes recommendations based on the results;
- Gathers and interprets data on administrative and operational reports;
- Provides needed information and demonstrations concerning how to perform certain work tasks to new employees in the same or similar class of positions;
- Keeps immediate supervisor and designated others fully and accurately informed concerning work progress, including present and potential work problems and suggestions for new or improved ways of addressing such problems;
- Attends meetings, conferences, workshops and training sessions and reviews publications and audio-visual materials to become and remain current on the principles, practices and new developments in assigned work areas;
- Responds to citizens' questions and comments in a courteous and timely manner;
- Communicates and coordinates regularly with appropriate others to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of interdepartmental operations and activities;
- Performs other directly related duties consistent with the role and function of the classification.
Closing Date/Time: 12/7/2023 4:00 PM Central