Recreation Leader – Fall/Winter Camp
Distinguishing Features of the Class
Under direction to lead or assist in a wide variety of recreation activities at a community center, playground, ice rink, tennis court, or other recreation facility.
Assignment Locations: Community recreation centers and various parks.
Programs include: Youth/adult basketball, youth/adult flag football, adult wiffleball, adult volleyball, and any other programs or special events as assigned.
Application Deadline : Applications are accepted until such time a sufficient number of qualified applications is received to fill the positions.
Approximate employment duration : Approximately 10 hours per week up to 120 calendar days of employment. Schedules will include evenings and weekends, September - December
Acceptable Experience and Training
Must be 16 years of age.
Required Special Qualifications
- Requires satisfactory criminal, sex offender and if applicable driving record background checks.
- A valid Class C Iowa Drivers License is required where work assignment involves driving a vehicle.
Examples of Essential Work (Illustrative Only)
- Organizes, plans and leads a. wide variety of recreation activities such as day camps, youth programs summer playground programs, arts and crafts, sports, games and special events supervising participants in these activities.
- Maintains discipline and observes necessary precautions to ensure safety of activity and program participants.
- Warns community center patrons against hazardous practices and instructs them on facility rules.
- Issues and monitors use of recreation supplies and equipment.
- Maintains attendance and activity records and creates and updates regular reports.
- Collects admission and class registration fees and writes receipts.
- May drive a vehicle for transportation of program/activity participants and performs related work as required.
Closing Date/Time: 10/6/2023 4:00 PM Central