Digital Media Intern
Distinguishing Features of the Class
The Digital Media Intern will focus on assisting the Public Information Office on various Digital Media projects across the City of Des Moines organization. Specific assignments will vary depending on needs and interest but may include work in visual content, video production, electronic media and social media platforms.
NOTE: This is a temporary part-time, paid semester internship expected to work between 20 - 25 hours a week. Pay will be $15 per hour.
Acceptable Experience and Training
- Completion of at least two years of a journalism, English or communications program.
- College transcripts must be submitted to the City of Des Moines Human Resources Department electronically to email@example.com, by fax to 515-237-1680, or by mail to 1551 E. Martin Luther King Jr. Pkwy , Des Moines, 50317 on or before the application deadline.
Required Special Qualifications
- Candidates for positions in this class must pass a post-employment offer physical examination and drug screen.
- Possession of a valid Iowa driver's license or evidence of equivalent mobility.
Examples of Essential Work (Illustrative Only)
- Assist with developing visual content for various City publications, electronic media and social media platforms.
- Capture new photo and video library content and maintain archival system.
- Edit photos and video in Adobe Photoshop and/or Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Provide support to City departments by writing/proofing/editing content to be posted on website and social media, ensuring accurate, timely and engaging content.
- Work with City employees as directed to ensure accurate information is disseminated to the public as needed.
- Other duties and activities as assigned.
Closing Date/Time: 12/5/2022 4:00 PM Central