Distinguishing Features of the Class
The principal function of an employee in this class is to provide clerical support to key office personnel in addition to customer service to the public. The work is performed under the direct supervision of an assigned supervisor, but considerable leeway is granted for the exercise of independent judgement and initiative. This class is distinguished from the class of Office Assistant by a greater scope and depth of work, including responsibility for financial and/or specialized department or division records and interaction with key department or division personnel concerning technical program requirements. The nature of the work performed requires that an employee in this class establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other City employees, business and community organizations and the public. The principal duties of this class are performed in a general office environment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE : This posting will close at 4:00pm CT on Monday, November 27, 2023. All online applications and required documents must be submitted by this time.
Acceptable Experience and Training
- Graduation from High School or possession of a GED; and
- Considerable experience in general office operations including experience with public contact; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to perform the work.
Required Special Qualifications
- Candidates for positions in this class must pass a post-employment offer physical examination and drug screen;
- Ability to pass a background check (Police Department);
- A minimum typing speed of 40 wpm.
COMPLETION OF PERFORMANCE EXAMINATION: Please go to speedtypingonline.com to complete a free 5-minute typing test (the site defaults as a 1-minute test but you will need to change this to 5 minutes) . On the site you are able to "Personalize Results". Please type in your first and last name as it appears on your application. The online typing test can be accepted if it is from this site only and witnessed by another person. Results printed from the testing website must meet the following requirements. Submitted exam results must show:
- Net number of words typed (Speed).
- Show that you completed a Five-minute timed test.
- Your name (on the site you are able to "Personalize Results". Please type in your first and last name as it appears on your application) and the date the exam was completed.
- Name and date must be shown on the printed results from the testing website not handwritten or added by someone. Again, you can "Personalize Results" on the site.
- Witness signature, witness printed name, and valid email address for the witness. Witness must be age 18 years or older.
- If you do not have printing capabilities, please email your results to firstname.lastname@example.org and your witness. Your witness may then "Reply All" to the email stating their name and that they witnessed you completing the online typing test on the specified date. It is your responsibility to make sure your witness responds by the exam deadline.
- You must submit exam results to the City of Des Moines Human Resources Department via email ( email@example.com ) by 4:00pm CT on Monday, November 27, 2023. Passing score is 40 net words per minute (Speed).
IN LIEU OF THE PERFORMANCE EXAM : Applicants must currently hold a City of Des Moines Civil Service position requiring a typing speed of 40 WPM or higher OR have previously taken the online timed typing test resulting in a score of 40 NWPM or higher within 1 YEAR of the application deadline. The applicant is required to contact the City's Human Resources Department at (515) 283-4213 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to attach a previously submitted typing test to their current application by the application deadline.
Examples of Essential Work (Illustrative Only)
- Prepares correspondences, reports, lists and other documents as instructed and requested by designated office personnel;
- Coordinates work/data needed with division inspectors to produce correspondence;
- Interprets and applies departmental or office rules, policies and regulations in accordance with prescribed procedures and guidelines;
- Reviews certificates of insurance for all City-wide contracts, leases, etc., to ensure compliance with the City's insurance requirements;
- Transcribes or prepares letters, minutes, reports, statements, grant applications, specifications, contracts, memoranda, notices, resolutions, budgets, financial and statistical tables, requisitions and other related materials, including confidential correspondences and reports;
- Copies, packages, and distributes a variety of written materials as requested by other designated officer personnel;
- Provides staff support to Citizen Boards and Commissions;
- Provides administrative support, takes minutes for Citizen Advisory Board;
- Prepares special reports as required;
- Answers department telephone calls, receives and greets visitors to the Department and provides information to or refers callers and visitors to other appropriate Departments or City personnel;
- Gathers, assembles, updates, distributes and/or files a variety of information, forms, records and data as requested using traditional filing systems or databases as necessary;
- Processes accounts payable, accounts receivable and/or payroll as necessary;
- Handles and secures cash and checks;
- Screens visitors, telephone calls, faxes, mail and messages directed to office personnel;
- Listens to and directs comments and complaints from the public relating to department operations and takes appropriate action to resolve and refer such complaints;
- Requisitions supplies and materials for the department as requested;
- Opens and distributes mail throughout the Department;
- Provides needed information and demonstrations concerning how to perform certain work tasks to other employees in the same or similar class of positions;
- Keeps immediate supervisor and designated others fully and accurately informed concerning work progress, including present and potential work problems and suggestions for new or improved ways of addressing such problems;
- Attends meetings, conferences, workshops and training sessions and reviews publications and audio-visual materials to become and remain current on the principles, practices and new developments in assigned work areas;
- Responds to citizens' questions and comments in a courteous and timely manner;
- Communicates and coordinates regularly with appropriate others to maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of interdepartmental operations and activities;
- Notarizes important documents and receipts;
- Performs other directly related duties as required;
Closing Date/Time: 11/27/2023 4:00 PM Central